1. Choose an underbust style garment with a strapless option: Underbust shapers like the Almighty Cincher by AMIA Shapewear rise to the area just below your bra. This style of shaper has several benefits that you might not have thought of. First, because you wear your own bra, you can adapt to a variety of necklines. This is a very versatile design! Secondly, the shaper supports your bust, giving lift. The result is an overall leaner and longer look.
2. For maximum curve creation, look for latex: Again, the Almighty Cincher or its counterpart, the Almighty Vest by AMIA, is a great place to start. The PowerLatex core of these garments creates maximum compression in your midsection. Of course, many garments also use varying amounts of latex to create shaping, so looking for this in the construction of a garment is a good place to start.
3. Flatter your fanny: Compression is a good thing, when you’re shopping for a shaper, but one area you may not want to compress is the bottom. In fact, many shapers feature special rear rounding designs that are meant to create lift in the area of the bottom, while trimming the tummy. The Alexandra by Vedette is one of our favorites
4. Built-in weight loss support: Love the way that latex shapes your silhouette? Choose the right garment and the shaping may last longer than you think. Garment with thermal latex panels or designs can increase thermal activity in the core, increasing blood flow and moving toxins. Studies have shown sustained loss of inches with long-term use. Check out The Ann Chery Chaleco Latex Vest.
5. Lose the lumps and bumps: Some of the most effective non-surgical treatments for cellulite come in the form of garments you can wear. Anti-cellulite shapers use techniques like micro-massage and enfused garments to smooth and create more even toned skin. The Dangerous Curves Capri Smoother Kit by Skineez Shapewear is a great place to start.