5 Qualities to Look For in a Cincher
Waist trainers, especially those designed for workouts, are growing in popularity. But with all the different styles available, choosing one can be difficult. What makes the perfect waist trainer?
While we strive to offer only the finest quality products at Hourglass Angel, some of the waist trainers you might find elsewhere might not quite measure up.
When it comes to athletic waist training, our shapewear stylists love the Active Band Waist Trainer by Amia. Here are some of the qualities you'll notice in this particular garment, which should be present in whatever waist trainer you choose:
- Latex Core: This is what makes a waist trainer work. Latex reinforcement provides firm compression and slims your waistline instantly, while stimulating heat in your core and increasing perspiration. If you're wearing it during a workout, you'll find that you're sweating harder, making it that much more intense. It's a simple way to maximize your runs, walks, or any physical activity.
- Rows of Hook & Eye Closures: The perfect waist trainer has the perfect fit, even when you size down. Hook and eye closures ensure firm compression. And if your waistline naturally begins to shrink over time, you can move to the next row of closures for optimal fit.
- Flexi-Boning: Waist trainers like the Active Band are constructed with boning in the sides, which is firm but less constrictive than a steel-boned corset. The garment will never bunch, yet it gives you enough freedom of movement to go about your daily activities comfortably.
- Color (Bonus!): Many workout waist trainers are meant to be shown off! Get yours in your favorite hue. Our favorite currently is the pink Active Band: when you buy one during October, we'll make a donation to National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Cotton Inner Lining: Just because you're sweating doesn't mean you should be uncomfortable. The cotton lining on the Active Band is soft and comfortable on your skin, and it also helps to absorb perspiration.
Don’t get overwhelmed when looking for a waist trainer. Choose the style that fits your goals and look for the features above to ensure the best quality, fit and results.