June is just around the corner, which more than likely means you are getting ready for some big summer events! Whether you're a bride, in the bridal party or even a guest at a wedding or other formal event, you want to look incredible and confident for the whole event.
It's not too late to start a waist training and fitness regimen to get your figure ready for the big day! Even if you only have a couple of weeks to slim down, try these tips to help you slim down and tone up:
- Cut out refined carbs: this includes sugar, pasta, white rice and most types breads. If you absolutely can't say no to bread, stick with 100% whole grain—try Spelt, rye or other grains besides wheat.
- Veggies should be the base of your diet: at least 50% of every meal. Get creative by replacing starchy carbs with versatile veggies like cauliflower or spiralized zucchini.
- Say no to read meat. Only consume lean, skinless meats like chicken and fish, or even better, go 100% plant-based.
- Ditch the alcohol. You can reward yourself by toasting on the big day.
- Drink TONS of water. We're talking about 12+ cups a day (at least eight glasses). To mix it up, try infusing your water with lemon, cucumber, or other citrus fruits.
- Work out 30+ minutes a day, five days a week, balancing cardio and strength training. We've got videos to help inspire you.
- Wear a waist trainer every day! Ideally, you should wear it 8-10 hours a day for the best results, but work your way up to that in small increments if you're just starting out. Don't forget to wear a workout band during your workouts!
- Get enough sleep! We know it's tempting during this busy time to sacrifice the night hours, but your body will respond so much more efficiently to when you are taking care of it. Plus you'll have more energy, and you'll be less tempted to reach for carbs for an energy boost.
Have a fantastic event and let us know how your waist training goes! #BeTheHourglass.