When you think of reasons to wear a waist trainer, you might understandably assume that it can make you look slimmer and more sculpted around your midsection. But did you know that in addition to slimming, it can also accentuate your natural curves?
Waist training delivers results for more than just your waistline. That hourglass cinch transforms your whole silhouette!
It doesn't matter whether the size you use is XS or 5XL, or anything in between. It also doesn't matter what your natural body shape is—whether a natural hourglass or something else. Waist trainers are for women of all shapes and sizes and can help them embrace and feel confident in their own skin by making all of their curves look their natural best.
How Does a Waist Trainer Shape Your Body?
A waist trainer is a high compression garment that is worn around your waist to help you shape your body. It be used to achieve several goals, such as slimming your waist measurement, creating a flat tummy, and creating an hourglass shape. Waist trainers can be worn under your clothes to help you look and feel your best, and some people like to wear them as part of their visible workout attire. You can choose from a variety of materials and styles to find the right one for your goals.
Waist training works in a variety of ways to create the shape that you want, including enhancing the body shape that you naturally have. Here are three ways this powerful garment works in accentuating your natural curves.
Related post: 5 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Shapewear
1. Creating a More Pronounced Hourglass Shape
The reason we value an hourglass shape is because of its smooth form and balanced shape. It's very sexy when there's a significant ratio between bust and hip size and waist measurement.
It doesn't matter what size you are for a balanced, curvy figure to look amazing. And with a waist trainer, you can easily enhance the hourglass shape by making the waist slimmer and smoother.
Just by putting a waist trainer on, you can eliminate 1 to 3 inches from your waistline, creating immediate results. And if you use a higher compression garment like a steel-boned corset, you'll get an even more dramatic cinch at the waist.
If you want an even curvier look with a waist trainer, try pairing it with other shaping garments like butt-lifting jeans. You'll get an even more pronounced hourglass shape without padding—these garments simply highlight your already beautiful curves!
2. Giving Your Bust a Boost
By creating a smoother, slimmer waistline, you can also deliver a natural boost to your bust. When you wear a waist trainer, it will make your bust look fuller and more prominent, thanks to a more defined waist.
You'll notice that your bust will be accentuated, too. This is because the garment, which rests under the bust, pushes the breasts up and makes them look fuller. You can pair your waist trainer with your favorite bra for a customized look that adds the wow factor to your figure.
Different styles of waist trainers can enhance the degree to which your bust is lifted. A band style with a straight underbust top does the job beautifully. To take it up a notch, try a steel-boned corset with a shaped top, for even more definition, like this Underbust Cotton Corset.
For additional support, you may also like a vest-style waist trainer, which uses shoulder straps for added lift as well as coverage around your bra line. In this way you can enjoy a fuller bust while eliminating bra bulge and creating a smoother silhouette—giving you maximum enhancement and confidence.
3. Helping You Slim Down and Tone Up
Wearing a waist trainer provides instant results when you put it on, but it can also help you accentuate your curves when worn daily.
Waist trainers are designed to be worn for a minimum of 8 to 12 hours a day for the best results. If you wear a waist trainer as part of a daily regimen, along with a healthy lifestyle, you'll also benefit from a curvier figure when you make progress with your slimming and fitness goals.
When you first start waist training, you'll need time for your body to adjust to the way it feels. Wear your garment for just an hour or two at a time, and then gradually add the amount of time that you wear it each day. After a few weeks of incrementally wearing it longer, you should feel comfortable wearing it all day.
Keep track of your waist training by taking waist measurements as well as progress photos weekly. You'll be surprised at how quickly you'll notice changes in your figure, especially if you're diligent about following a nutritious diet and a muscle-building, fat-burning exercise routine you enjoy.
Wearing a waist trainer is a habit that reinforces itself as you see the progress you make. When you see yourself in the mirror with the sexy curves you want, it can help you stay motivated with your other healthy lifestyle habits.
Furthermore, a workout waist trainer can help you enhance your curves by amplifying your exercise routine. By stimulating heat and perspiration in your core, a workout band will help you sweat harder and experience a more intense workout, whether you're strength training, doing cardio, or even going for a brisk walk.
With strength training exercises that you can do with a waist trainer, you can burn fat and build lean muscle. Focus on moves that strengthen the butt, legs, abs, chest, arms, and back (pretty much everywhere!), and watch your body transform over time into a naturally curvier version with a slimmer waist and thighs, and firmer, fuller butt and chest.
For the best figure-slimming, curve-building results with waist training, try combining the effects of a workout band along with an everyday waist trainer you can wear under your clothes. Wear the workout band during exercise to maximize the intensity, and then take it off so it can dry and regain its shape. Wear your other workout trainer for the rest of the day so you can enjoy the curves it creates and continue to make progress on your goals.
Waist Training Tips for Beginners
For those new to waist training, or who have never done it consistently, here are a few tips to get you started so you can see the curves you want:
- Set a goal. Whether it’s to create a new waist training habit or lose a certain number of inches from your waistline, choose an achievable milestone that will help motivate you.
- Choose a waist trainer you love. We have a curated collection of the best waist trainers out there! Choose one that suits your style and your slimming goals.
- Remember that fit is essential! Follow the sizing chart for each garment and make sure you’re taking an accurate measurement using a soft tape measure around the narrowest part of your waist. Remember that a waist trainer can be tightened, so go larger if you’re in between sizes.
- Start slowly. When it comes to changing your lifestyle, it’s a marathon and not a sprint! Wear your waist trainer for as long as you’re comfortable each day and then gradually add more time to your routine.
- Pair waist training with healthy habits. We can’t emphasize enough that a waist trainer works best as part of an all-around healthy lifestyle with adequate hydration, nutrition, a variety of exercise, and rest.
- Track your progress. As we mentioned above, your waist training habit can reinforce itself when you consistently take pictures and see the progress you’re making on your slimming goals and curve accentuation.
- Do it with friends. It’s more fun and more motivating when you do your waist training with a friend with a similar mindset! It can be a fun way to bond with bridesmaids or other friends who are preparing for a special event.
- Have fun.You’re more likely to stick with it if you enjoy waist training. Experiment with different outfits so you can love your new curves and reward yourself with taking care of yourself.
- Try different styles. Keep your waist training routine and your wardrobe fresh by trying different styles of waist trainers. If you stick with the habit, you may need to size down anyway!
Keep at it!
We hope this inspires you to try waist training if you want to embrace your curves and help them achieve their full potential! We have a large selection of waist trainers as well as shapewear that can help you feel the sexiest, most confident version of yourself, in any shape or size.
Need help find the best waist trainer for your curves? Check out our blog for tips or contact us with your questions and we’ll be happy to help. Be sure to share your results with us on social! #BeTheHourglass #hourglassangel