Small Steps to Big Changes
The holidays are winding down and a brand new year looms ahead. Are you making any New Year's resolutions? While some might find the practice cheesy or overrated, there's never a better time for a fresh start and to make some positive changes in your life.
The hardest part about making New Year's resolutions is figuring out which goals are going to work for you. Some people go big or go home and make a grandiose plan that is almost impossible to follow through to the end. Some people make way too many goals that they can't juggle, and they fall off the wagon by late January.
To make significant New Year's resolutions that will last, you have to find a balance. You have to do things that are challenging but won't leave you feeling exasperated. And you have to find a way to remain inspired for the whole year, not just January.
The key is: small steps.
Start out small. If you can succeed at something small, your success can blossom into something bigger. Set yourself up for success so you can gain momentum.
So where to start? You can make several small goals that will lead to big changes in your life during 2015. Goals can be as specific or as general as you want, as long as you're inspired to become the person you want to be in the coming year. We've got a list; you fill in the blanks that best fit you. Post this list somewhere you won't forget it so you can remain inspired all year long!
My 2015 New Year's Resolutions
1. The bad habit I'm going to break this year is ________________________
2. A new skill I'd like to learn is ________________________
3. A person I'd like to be more like is ________________________
4. A good deed I'd like to accomplish is ________________________
5. I'd like to visit ________________________
6. A book I'd like to read is ________________________
7. I'd like to write a letter to ________________________
8. A new food I'd like to try is ________________________
9. I'm going to do better at ________________________